We are currently looking for a Pre-Sales and Technical Support Engineer to assist our customers and sales agents.
As a Pre-Sales and Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical assistance to our customers and sales team. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software problems, help our customers install applications and programs and support our Sales teams with the use and demonstration of our software products. You will set up demonstration and trial systems of new and potential customers and assist in the
Your responsibilities will include resolving reported issues with clients using our products, looking into technical machine translation issues, liaising with our technical team on these issues and providing support to the Sales team when required.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers’ trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems. Training will be provided for the selected candidate.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Research and identify solutions to software issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and hardware configuration
- Asking customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track issues through to resolution and follow up with the relevant teams.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, until the technical issue has been resolved.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure they are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely report and statistics
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Assisting the sales team to prepare trial accounts and demonstrations.
- Provide Sales support team with setting up Translation engines and account
- Good English conversational and written skills
- Work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer. IT Help Desk Technician or similar role a plus
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Linux
- Good understanding of computer systems and quality assurance.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of business experience post qualification
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Service-oriented, hard-working, able to work independently and under pressure
- Attentive, detail-oriented, fast-learning, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong ability to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multicultural environment
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed resume, recent photograph, current and expected salary, and contact telephone number to email@example.com
About Omniscien Technologies
Omniscien Technologies is a market leading artificial intelligence and language technology company that develops and provides ground-breaking automated machine translation and language processing technologies, products and services under the Language Studio™ and Media Studio™ brands to a wide variety of customers throughout the world including governments and some of the world’s leading companies and best-known global brands.
Omniscien Technologies is the local subsidiary of a multi-national company with a commercial presence in Thailand, Singapore, Europe and North America. The company’s R&D Centre is in Bangkok in Thonglor near J Avenue and many shops and restaurants where it is developing and applying artificial intelligence to automated machine translation systems and machine learning for more than 550 language pair combinations in a unique and relaxed environment.