We are currently looking for a System Administrator to join our Research and Development team in Bangkok.
As systems administrator, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the company’s office network and server infrastructure. This role is essential to the smooth day to day operations of the company.
You will also work with some of the leading virtualization and cloud hosting technologies and platforms such as AWS, Google, Azure, Proxmox and Docker. While Omniscien operates primarily on Linux, there is a small amount of Microsoft infrastructure and desktops which all work in unison together. Training will be provided for the selected candidate.
- Formulate, develop and implement network infrastructure
- To install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software, hardware and network faults.
- Design/troubleshoot/monitor the networks and system such LAN, WAN, Internet Peering, Firewall and server
- General network administration for enterprise IT Infrastructure environment
- Working knowledge in installing and maintaining hardware, software, security, design, implementation and support
- Network management tools
- Monitoring and configuring PRTG infrastructure monitors and sensors
- Management and configuration of ProxMox and Docker virtualization environments
- Configuration of cloud environments for customer deployments such as AWS, Google and Azure.
- Impact analysis and ensure the network compatibility and interface
- General computer support and maintenance of desktops and servers
- Backup management
- Evaluating new hardware and servers
- Assisting the testing and development teams with deploying our software and components on various hardware and cloud infrastructures.
- Technical Experience of Servers, OS, LANs, WANs, SAN’s and Management Systems.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- OS server (e.g. Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Windows)
- Storage Area Network.
- TCP/IP configuration
- Active directory user and computer service
- DNS and DHCP service
- Backup and recovery software
- Must be able to identify and troubleshoot hardware and software.
- Service-minded; good interpersonal skills
- Good command of English include writing, speaking and reading.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- 3+ years of business experience post qualification
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Service-oriented, hard-working, able to work independently and under pressure
- Attentive, detail-oriented, fast-learning, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong ability to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multicultural environment
Nice To Have
- Experience container-based environments such as Docker.
- Technical skills and knowledge of Promox.
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed resume, recent photograph, current and expected salary, and contact telephone number to email@example.com
About Omniscien Technologies
Omniscien Technologies is a market leading artificial intelligence and language technology company that develops and provides ground-breaking automated machine translation and language processing technologies, products and services under the Language Studio™ and Media Studio™ brands to a wide variety of customers throughout the world including governments and some of the world’s leading companies and best-known global brands.
Omniscien Technologies is the local subsidiary of a multi-national company with a commercial presence in Thailand, Singapore, Europe and North America. The company’s R&D Centre is in Bangkok in Thonglor near J Avenue and many shops and restaurants where it is developing and applying artificial intelligence to automated machine translation systems and machine learning for more than 550 language pair combinations in a unique and relaxed environment.