Supported Document Formats
Language Studio supports the following document types natively:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Open Office / Libre Office
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Plain Text
- Subtitle Formats (SRT, TTML, DFXP, etc.)
- Translation Memory Formats (TMX, XLIFF, XLF, SDLXLIFF, MQXLZ)
- Images (PNG, GIF, TIFF, etc.) *
- Adobe PDF *
* Adobe PDF and Image support are provided via an optional extra plugin. ABBYY FineReader OCR is fully integrated with Language Studio Enterprise Translation Server and Data Center Platform.
Many Translation Management Systems (TMS) support a larger variety of formats and are able to interchange data with Language Studio via XLIFF format. XLIFF is the dominant translation memory format standard. The legacy TMX standard is still supported but seldom used in modern translation applications.